Planning an event is a lot of fun…but it can also be overwhelming. With so many elements to keep in check, you are bound to overlook a few details. Here are the top 5 overlooked details of an event:
- Volunteer Room – There are a lot of people who work tirelessly to make an event successful. Be sure to have an area where volunteers and staff can store their things in a safe environment, grab a snack, and take a quick breather.
- Boxes and bags for auction items – After you hauled all of the silent auction items to the event in large boxes and containers, all of those items will be going home with various guests. Have boxes and bags on hand that guests can use to take home all of their winnings.
- Business cards – You’ve put together such a wonderful event that everyone wants to get in contact with you to help run their upcoming event. You reach to give them your business card. Oh wait, you left them on your desk…
- Paper Placement – Let us explain. You’ve taken time and special care to detail where every table is set, where coat check will be conveniently located, where the bar is waiting to serve guests and keep them happy. What you didn’t realize? It’s going to be a windy day, and all of those table tent cards you set out are blown across the floor when the first guest opens the door; the gift certificates that were set out on the auction tables whip past the volunteers you have on hand; the name tags you painstakingly made for each guest are no longer in alphabetical order. You get the idea.
- Pens – You’d be surprised…
Cross-referencing check-lists is a great way to stay on top of your event to-do list. Happy planning!