Festivals are synonymous with Chicago summers. Street fairs shut down main roadways to make way for cover bands, funnel cakes, and beer tents. Some of Chicago’s biggest draws are its music festivals including Lollapalooza, North Coast Music Festival, Spring Awakening Music Festival, and Pitchfork Music Festival. Although this isn’t a Chicago niche. Sasquatch in Washington came and went over Memorial Day weekend, Bonnaroo just ended in Tennessee, Telluride Bluegrass is in Colorado next week, Summerfest is coming up in Wisconsin, Firefly Music Festival is a new addition in Delaware at the end of July, and Austin City Limits rounds out the season in Texas in September. The problem is deciding which festival to attend! NPR put together a solid list of summer festivals across the nation earlier this month; check that out here. Which festival will you attend? Do you have a favorite can’t-miss artist?
- Giving Thanks wp.me/p1qbgi-cU 5 years ago
- RT @indsector: Are you volunteering tomorrow for #GivingTuesday? Learn about the value of volunteer time in your state: ow.ly/fAOYb 5 years ago
- RT @charityideas: 15 Uplifting Sites Focused on #Positive Stories and Ideas for Good huff.to/O1cjVE 5 years ago
- RT @twitchange: We LOVE @GivingTues! A day dedicated to giving more, giving better & giving smarter tinyurl.com/c4qy86k #GivingTuesday 5 years ago
- RT @dosomething: Lots of lonely old folks in seniors centers this holiday. Good way to help? dosomething.org/grandparents 5 years ago